It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I setup multiple timeline in the same project area each with their "Current iteration"?

Jason Chan (379) | asked Jan 21 '14, 2:32 p.m.
Hi Guys, 

To the best of my knowledge, we can setup multiple timeline (Apart from Main Development). However is it possible to have multiple timeline in the same project area each with their "Current iteration"? i.e.
  • Timeline 1 is running in its Sprint 2
  • Timeline 2 is running in its Sprint 4

Such that each can timeline have its one "Current Iteration" (Sprint 2 and Sprint 4) where burn down chart is create for both sprint that happens at the same time?

P.S. Will "Project timeline" affect me? As I know we can only choose one as Project timeline.

Appreciated for an answer. Cheers

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 21 '14, 3:51 p.m.
 open the project in eclipse or the web UI. 

select the Timelines tab (web) or area (eclipse)..
select a top level iteration and push Create Timeline.  fill in the details. 
it should be added to the end of the timelines list. 

create iterations inside that timeline. 

select which of those iterations is current in THAT timeline. 

project timeline is which of the timelines is considered the MOST important timeline, as plans etc use that to create data by default. 

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Jan 22 '14, 4:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A Project can have any number of Time lines and each one can have the current Iteration irrespective of other time line.
The Timeline could also be associate with a team area.
Similar to associate the project area to a timeline which becomes the project time line.
Each team area in the project area can be associated with a Time Line.
If a team area is not associated with a time line then the Project Time line is used as the associated time line.
That is the other significance of the Project Time Line.

In our RTC project area we create a separate time lines for each maintenance release and those time lines could have their own current iterations.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.