It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the difference between Requirement Collection Links and Requirements?

Peter Eibak (1124) | asked Jan 21 '14, 12:12 p.m.
edited Jan 23 '14, 9:17 a.m. by Max Bridges (24126)
Hi,

As I have not been working with RQM in deeper details I have the following question.

When you go into Test Plans you have a list of sections at the left.

What is the difference between Requirement Collection Links and Requirements?  And when do we use what to make it meaningful? Thanks:-)

One answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Jan 21 '14, 1:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Requirement collection is a collection of artifacts, so you can add a collection of requirements to a Test plan in one go. Requirement is a single entity. Normally you would add "Requirement collection" to a Test Plan and use reconcile functionality to generate Test cases based off individual requirements in the collection. For more information, take a look at 
pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_assoc_reqcolls_tps.html

Also check out this artcle -- https://jazz.net/library/article/1009

Comments
Peter Eibak commented Jan 23 '14, 2:18 a.m.

Hi Vidya,
Thanks for your response.
The first link you specified do not work. I get a message that the page does not exists.

Can I ask you to comment a little more on the "Requirements" section, if possible. How and when do you use that in relation to test plans. And has it any relation to RRC, "Requirement Collection Links" section etc?

Thanks.

Vidya Malkarnekar commented Jan 23 '14, 11:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Peter, 

Sorry about the link. Can you copy  the link manually  into another browser tab and try?
Requirements can be RRC or Reqpro or DOORS requirements  depending on how your project is  configured. If you are using  CLM Lifecycle project, your RQM project will be able to use RRC Requirements/collections by default.   

If using RRC for requirement management, you can add only "Requirement Collection" to a Test Plan. Then you would create Test cases based off the Requirements in the collection using reconcile.

Hivzo C. commented Jan 29 '14, 2:07 a.m.

Hi Vidya.

Does that mean that if using RRC for requirement management in CLM Lifecycle project, the section in test plan called "Requirements" is completely obsolete?

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.