It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to prepare a new Test Plan based on a list of Test Case Results with value "Failed"?

Manuel AlcarazGarcia -jazzDotNet- (2033) | asked Jan 21 '14, 9:11 a.m.
After running some Test Cases, I can create a query to get those with Test Case Results with value "Failed".
How can I create a Test Plan with those Test Cases associated, in RQM v4.0.1?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Jan 21 '14, 2:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can add Test cases to a Test Plan using saved queries, but the queries have to be based off Test cases, not Test results.  There is currently no way to filter Test cases on failed status, so you won't be able to use a query to add Test Cases. There is a RFE requesting a  similar feature -- https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=69392
Manuel AlcarazGarcia -jazzDotNet- selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Manuel AlcarazGarcia -jazzDotNet- commented Jan 22 '14, 12:51 a.m.

Well, the case here is even different. We are having the relationship Test Plan (iteration 1) -> Test Suite -> Test Case -> TCER -> TCResult = Failed; and I would like to generate a new Test Suite in a Test Plan (iteration 2) with those TCR = Failed...  but the WI is still waiting...

One other answer

permanent link
Reinhold Bock (111) | answered Mar 04 '21, 6:15 a.m.

I have the same problem. I filtered on TCER on a test plan and I want to add the test case of this result to a new test plan. Is there any possibility? Drag-and-drop leads to a error message. Thanks

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 04 '21, 7:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Instead of answering a 7 year old question with a  question, please create your own question - you can create it from your answer here. You want to add tool versions etc.

Reinhold Bock commented Mar 04 '21, 7:42 a.m.

Hi Ralph, 

Sorry, I have only read Jan 21 and I have overlooked the year of creation. I will create a new question.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 04 '21, 7:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No problem, but it is unfortunately a pretty common pattern I try to prevent 8). 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.