It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does IBM Rational Team Concert provides data transfer from TFS? What are the products we have for Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server (TFS)?

SUN YOO (111) | asked Jan 20 '14, 2:42 p.m.
I found that RTC offers Rational OSLC Adapter for TFS, but I couldn't find where I can download a trial software I can test along with technical detailed description. For client interface, I can tell it has RTC 4.0.5 Integration with Microsoft Source Code Control Interface and Client for Microsoft Visual Studio IDE.

I'm looking to see IBM Rational Team Concert hava a tool for data transfer or import from TFS? What are the products we have for Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server (TFS)?

2 answers

permanent link
Rolf Nelson (617159) | answered Mar 03 '14, 10:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a good answer to this question over here by Geoff Clemm.  Please see:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/99791/migration-from-tfs-to-rtc?redirect=%2Fforum%2Fquestions%2F99791%2Fmigration-from-tfs-to-rtc

--Rolf

Comments
Frank Ning commented Jan 09 '15, 10:41 p.m. | edited Jan 11 '15, 7:02 p.m.

No, that TFS2SVN does not work for serious project at enterprise level. It works only for simple projects without branching/renaming etc. We need a tool supported by IBM to do this. Unfortunately it is still not available.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 11 '15, 7:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Building a version history importer that really works at scale is very complex and expensive (and as you have discovered, simple importers like TFS2SVN do not scale).  Since there has not been sufficient demand for either Rational or third party vendors to build a custom one from TFS to RTC, if simple importers like TFS2SVN does not work for you, you will need to write a custom one for your needs using the command lines of TFS and RTC.

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Jan 21 '14, 3:23 a.m.
Hi Sun,

Please find the below link and let me know does it helps.

http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=an&subtype=ca&appname=gpateam&supplier=897&letternum=ENUS213-234

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
SUN YOO commented Jan 21 '14, 8:15 a.m. | edited Jan 11 '15, 7:01 p.m.

Hi Arun,

I reviwed the link, it seems it lets the 3rd party tool (TFS) using from RTC instead offering migration tools instead or importing capability, like RTC has capability to import Subversion dump

Do you have a list of functionality it offers?

The key integration technology for the Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters is the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) standard. OSLC provides a set of interfaces organized into a number of functional areas (domains) that allow lifecycle tools stemming from many sources to link and trace data being managed by those tools. OSLC is now the Rational standard for integration implementation and is the basis for the Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters Standard Edition.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.