It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Combo / Multi Select List

Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | asked Mar 11 '09, 1:32 p.m.
How do you configure this so it works .. I have an enumeration - I have my editor presentation set to use multi-select and/or combo

This doesn't show up on any of my forms ... did I miss something ?

Anybody got it to work

10 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Mar 12 '09, 4:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
For the multi-select list, you need an attribute of type smallString or mediumString on the work item. Then in the Presentations configuration, you add a presentation for that attribute and select Mulit-select list as kind. In the properties section add a property with key 'enumeration' and value the id of your enumeration.

When creating a new work item, the presentation should show up where configured.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | answered Mar 12 '09, 9:26 a.m.
OK so created a workitem type/attribute of "combo" and set it to medium string.

Went back to make sure I had an enumeration of "skills" with associated values.

In Editor presentation added the "combo" value - set it to combo/multi checkbox, then in the properties entered under the "key" Enumeration, and in the values put in skills ?

is that correct ..

Because when I save it and try and create that work item type, all the other fields are no longer displayed and I have just a grey overview page.

Can you provide an example please (and thank you)

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Mar 12 '09, 9:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This sounds correct to me. Ensure that the key is 'enumeration' all in lowercase. The gray page indicates that there happened an error. Can you please look at the error log view and post the error if it still occurs?

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | answered Mar 12 '09, 10:26 a.m.
:D

Thanks so much .. the casing was the problem ...

thanks so much

permanent link
Morten Madsen (13277) | answered Jan 31 '11, 8:02 a.m.
I have one problem with this way of presenting multi-select data.

In my editor my enumeration values are represented nicely by their text strings, but if I choose to show this value in a plan or in a query then the literal id's are shown like: enum.literal.l2, enum.literal.l10.

This means, that even though I can present the multi-select data in a nice way in the editor, I cannot show this information anywhere becuase the literals won't get translated to their textual representation.

Anybody have any comments on this?

Thanks.

permanent link
Raj K (10222125) | answered Feb 16 '11, 1:11 a.m.
I have the same issue. Is there a resolution?

In my editor my enumeration values are represented nicely by their text strings, but if I choose to show this value in a plan or in a query then the literal id's are shown like: enum.literal.l2, enum.literal.l10.

This means, that even though I can present the multi-select data in a nice way in the editor, I cannot show this information anywhere becuase the literals won't get translated to their textual representation.

Thanks.

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Feb 17 '11, 4:54 p.m.
I've asked the same question before and from what I have found, there is no resolution at this time for this, which I find to be a pretty big hole. It seems you can easily save this data, but it is not really "queryable" by anybody except people who may know the internal representations.

Susan

Thanks.

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237850) | answered Jun 22 '11, 2:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've asked the same question before and from what I have found, there is no resolution at this time for this, which I find to be a pretty big hole. It seems you can easily save this data, but it is not really "queryable" by anybody except people who may know the internal representations.

Susan

Thanks.

Is there a defect work item open for this issue of not being able to show these values in query results and reports?

permanent link
Dave Bellagio (2612) | answered Jun 23 '11, 8:47 p.m.

Susan

Thanks.

Is there a defect work item open for this issue of not being able to show these values in query results and reports?

Work Item: 87154 covers the issue. In the past, I've worked around this by replacing the literals you see in the query with their values in the XML source. So, my customer wanted to pick from the 50 states, then the query would show the literals in query (as the poster notes above). I made the change in the XML source to replace the literals with the state abbreviations. And this worked correctly in the query. Its not something I would recommend as I hate to change the XML source, but, it can work in some situations. I have not tried this in the 3.0 or 3.0.1 releases.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 27 '11, 6:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The underlying problem is that the multi select list is realized on the presentation layer and not in the repository. I'd suggest to subscribe to the work items requesting to fix this and put more weight on it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.