It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What are the rows in Taskboard view of sprint backlog plans?

Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | asked Jan 20 '14, 7:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm playing around with the taskboard view of a sprint plan.
  1. When I have Epics planned for a sprint, they are shown in the column Story which sounds funny.
    Is there a way to change that column header?

2. What are the rows in those plans?
    I thought that the tasks are shown in the row of the parent story. But I can move task and drop them to different stories row. The story shows the change asterisk and I can save that workitem. But if I check the history, nothing was changed.

3. Is there a way to rearrange the tasks to the rows of their parents stories?

2 answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Jan 21 '14, 4:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 21 '14, 4:39 a.m.
  1.  Is there a Work item submitted or shall I submit one?

2. Unfortunately that's only partially correct.
    I have used the Scrum template, which has Epics and Stories as plan items and tasks as execution items.
    Epics (the red one in the picture) are listed in one row and the child stories (in yellow) in others. There is no visible relation between both. 

Regarding the changed links, you are right. Moving a work item to another row changes the parent child relationship. But I was mislead because the link displayed in the hoover pop up still displays the old link, even after save or reload of the plan.

Are there plans to log changes in links in the history?

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Jan 20 '14, 11:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1. The first column will list all the work items that are marked as the plan Items in the project area configuration. Hence it makes sense to rename this column as Plan Items instead of Stories. In the default scrum template the Epic and Story work item types are marked as Plan Items. The article https://jazz.net/library/article/593 has a section on Plan Item vs. Execution Item which explains further on this.
2. The Task Board is built mainly based on the Parent child links and the First column always lists the Plan Items. The subsequent columns show the child work Item based on the different state groups the child work items are in. So a Row in the task board corresponds to a Plan Item and its child work items. If you are moving the work item across the rows then it means you are changing the parent of the of the workitem. Currently in RTC the links are not captured in the work item history hence you will not see this in the history of the story.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.