It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can someone give an example of a client-side participant?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jan 18 '14, 12:56 a.m.
I'm starting to use Advisors and Participants.  It looks like there are both client-side and server-side participants.  However, reading somewhere, I saw a statement/recommendation that client-side participants (and advisors) may not cause modifications to the repository.

I'm not sure I quite understand client-side participants for a WorkItemSave action, for example.  So this java code would be run on the client (so Eclipse client or Web client) after the work item is saved?  If so, then if I can't make modifications, does anyone have an example of what this might do?  Most of the things I am thinking of for follow-up participants would be modifying the work item (add approvals if not already added is one of them).

Thanks
Susan

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 18 '14, 6:54 a.m.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/80926/can-i-create-follow-up-actions-with-a-client-plug-in

There is a built-in client side precondition that checks for compilation errors.  The precondition is run when the user attempts to deliver, and the delivery will not go through if there are compilation errors.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.