It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are work items from previous sprint backlog shown on plan for the current iteration?

sune lomholt (756) | asked Jan 17 '14, 8:26 a.m.
Sometimes the work items from previous iterations appear on the plan for a current iteration. There is no check mark in Include all items and the previous items have all been marked done/closed.

The structure in the iterations are shown below. Sprint 2 is the current and in the backlog (plan) for sprint 2 there are items from sprint 1 - why?

This screen shoot shows that the story mapping of QC fields and its related tasks are all from Sprint 1 and as you can see there is no check mark in "include all items"

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jan 17 '14, 8:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I guess you are experiencing :
Task board view of plan loads the work items from past Iterations. (273908)
which is fixed in 404
sune lomholt selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sune lomholt commented Jan 19 '14, 6:20 a.m.

Thanks Dinesh.

Yes this is the problem.

Regards

Sune

sune lomholt commented Jan 23 '14, 11:10 a.m.

Dinesh,

Actually I experience this also for work breakdown view?

Is it the same bug?

Sune

One other answer

permanent link
sune lomholt (756) | answered Jan 17 '14, 8:31 a.m.
Apparently the screen shots did not make it to the question (not enough reputation points I guess ...)

The layout of the timeline is like this
General
 - Startup (done)
 - Sprint 1 (done)
 - Sprint 2 (current)
 - Sprint 3 (next)

The other screen shoot is harder to show, but basically it shows a plan with story and related tasks that all have a small arrow in the top left corner indicating that these work items are from another iteration/sprint. In this case the previous and since they are done there is absolutely no reason to see them in this plan.

PS. this is in RTC 4.0.3

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.