It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating new project area causes "CRRTC0290E: The work item cannot be saved because the work item's type is not configured correctly at the project level. "

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | asked Jan 16 '14, 9:41 a.m.
I am attempting to create new project area from customized template. Durining initialization I am getting following error message:

CRRTC0290E: The work item cannot be saved because the work item's type is not configured correctly at the project level.

How can I create new PA?

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Jan 16 '14, 9:44 a.m.
I found root cause.
The root cause was that there were attempting to be created new work items of type which has been deleted in artifact. To avoid creating these work items in Eclipse client open new uninitialized project area, navigate to process configuration tab and then to Project Configuration -> Project Area Initialization.
In Server follow-up actions navigate to Setup Project and navigate to Work Item Templates section at the bottom of the page. Now delete all work items you see that.
It helps.

permanent link
Ashok Sonawane (9913) | answered Jul 28 '15, 5:45 a.m.
I replaces the process configuration source XML with other XML...but same error occurs at my end...

I tried yours solution but it did not worked.

Any other solution?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.