It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm command to list streams

p m n (271913) | asked Jan 14 '14, 8:18 p.m.
I need some help with the "scm list streams" command (or find out which command I can use to list streams in a repository). 

I tried the following command to list the streams in my repository and look for streams that match a certain pattern:
pmn@rhel ~ > scm list streams -r local -m 99999 -n inductor_release_*
pmn@rhel ~ >
However, it did not return any results. I know that there is at least one stream called "inductor_release_20140411" in this repository (see below for proof) and I expected the above command to list that - which it didn't. 
pmn@rhel ~ > scm list flowtargets -r local pmn_inductor_release_20140411
(1312) "inductor_release_20140411" (default) (current)
pmn@rhel ~ >
Why is "scm list streams" not listing this stream? 

Also, is there an scm command that I can use to list the properties of a stream (like ownership, current flow-targets, components and their baselines etc)?

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Jan 14 '14, 11:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Which version of RTC scm cli are you using? 

p m n commented Jan 15 '14, 8:20 p.m.

RTC v4.0.3 

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jan 14 '14, 9:50 p.m.
From the help, it says:
"scm list streams" : Provides a list of streams that are available in the repository. By default, this command lists the streams that are owned by the user who is logged in.

So the condition is the steams are owned by the logged in user.
Also you put option: -n inductor_release_* which is listing workspace, if you remove this option, will you see the streams?

===
Also, is there an scm command that I can use to list the properties of a stream (like ownership, current flow-targets, components and their baselines etc)?
==
Please check with https://jazz.net/library/video/1205 and see if it helps.

Comments
p m n commented Jan 15 '14, 9:49 p.m.

Hi Don,

Thanks for pointing out that -n lists workspaces matching the pattern. It appears counter-intuitive to me that a command called "scm list streams" would display workspace names at all! 

BTW, the following achieves what I wanted (since the command doesn't provide this option, I relied on a simple grep to do it! :) ) 
pmn@rhel ~ > scm list streams -r local -m 99999 | grep inductor_release
(1312) "inductor_release_20140411" inductor
pmn@rhel ~ >
And that URL (for the 2nd question) doesn't tell how to find out the details of a stream - it talks about component- and workspace-properties only. 

Don Yang commented Jan 15 '14, 10:30 p.m.

Good to know that you are able to get the stream list now. If the video is not what you are after, I am afraid there is no one command could address all properties and you may need multiple command such as list component, list baseline and so on to find out all info.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.