It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to I load a workspace with a specific Change Set

Geoff Heeren (122) | asked Jan 14 '14, 3:24 p.m.
retagged Jan 14 '14, 3:36 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
We need to load a workspace based on a Change Set. For example, we need to load the code base as it existed at the time Change Set 123 was checked in.
There seems to be no way to do this in the Jazz GUI client. And the closest thing I can find in the command line is loading single files.

Thanks,
Geoff

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 14 '14, 3:53 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you load a repository workspace normally it loads the current configuration which consists of all the change sets in the history of that repository workspace. So if you had a workspace where "Change Set 123" was the last one to be accepted or created (i.e is at the top of the history), then you would be loading what I belive you wanted. For example, in the Eclipse client, right-click on the component which contains "Change Set 123" and select "Show" --> "History". You would have to either discard or suspend all change sets which came after "Change Set 123" to get at a configuration which is based on the "Change Set 123". You can easily create (and load) workspaces based off baselines or snapshots however, so hopefully you have a baseline or snapshot of the point you want to load (or if it was captured in an RTC build, you should have snapshot which you can load as well), otherwise you are stuck discarding change sets which came after the one you care about (however a snapshot is ideal as it can capture the state of other components as well at a given point in time, whereas discarding from a component cannot).

(Side note: 'fancy' loading such as using "Load As", or load rules, will let you load a subset of files/folders as well as specifying where to load them, but will not help in loading a workspace at an earlier point in time.)

Comments
Geoff Heeren commented Jan 14 '14, 7:09 p.m.

Assuming one were to suspend or discard the unwanted change-sets, that would only be in the workspace, correct? Not the Stream?

Shashikant Padur commented Jan 14 '14, 10:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, just in the workspace. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.