It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to empty space from the DB2 integrated RTC by deleting stream.

Dhruv Bansal (171315) | asked Jan 14 '14, 3:35 a.m.
While deleting stream from the RTC what has been observed is that the DB2 space occupied by the stream in DB2 remains the same.Going through tech-note i found by deleting the stream we just delete the reference ,actual content still remains in the DB2.

Is there any way to clean up the database when we delete the stream?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 14 '14, 3:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The stream itself only contains the configuration of which change sets are selected in the stream. If you delete a stream, only this information is deleted. all the information about the change sets will remain in the database and you could easily recreate the stream e.g. from a snapshot.

Even if the amount of data was bigger, I doubt the DB size would really get smaller. I would assume the size would remain because the DB has this size already allocated, but it would now have the space free for other data.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 14 '14, 3:55 a.m.

You can delete individual file versions e.g. big binaries: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_eclipse_delete_file.html

But I am not aware of any means to delete all data (change sets/file versions) in a stream at once.

Dhruv Bansal commented Jan 14 '14, 4:28 a.m. | edited Jan 14 '14, 4:55 a.m.

Thanks Ralph, but this will delete only single version,where as my requirement is to delete the migrated stream and its whole content so as to maintain the sanity of database.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 14 '14, 5:01 a.m.

I don't think there is anything that is supposed to do that built in. An SCM system is usually designed to not loose data, because that is bad.

Please be aware, that change sets are shared between streams and workspaces. If you have the same components in one stream and delete all the contained change sets, there is a good chance that you are also deleting all or most of the data of the other stream(s) and render you whole work obsolete.

You can probably look at the SCM commandline or into the API for potential automation if you think you know the consequences, but I would suggest to not try this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.