It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team Concert client installed in English but help in French

Yannick Schildknecht (1625) | asked Jan 10 '14, 7:54 a.m.

Hello,

I have installed the RTC rich client in English only (unchecked other languages) because I hate the French translations and we work in an international project, so English is a must.

But, unfortunately, the help is still in French :-((
Of course, it's pretty annoying because we are back to the previous problem of guessing the match between the original English concepts and their French translation.

I'm afraid it's linked to my browser settings but I do not want to change this.

Any other solution ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Simon Washbrook (67216) | answered Jan 14 '14, 10:40 a.m.
edited Jan 15 '14, 10:59 a.m.
Hi Yannick,
I have been experimenting with my installation of the RTC client on Windows. My environment is Windows 7 in English but with a French locale (i.e. in the "Region and Language" control panel the format is French, the location is French and the keyboard is French). like you I installed RTC with only the English language pack
When I start RTC and go to the Help contents I got French language help.
However, if I modify the shortcut to add the parameter " -nl en_US" then I get the help in English. This option forces the Eclipse client to use an English (US) locale. This option should work on Linux but i don't have an environment to test it on.
This is probably the best workaround, don't forget to update the shortcut after every upgrade though.
Simon
Yannick Schildknecht selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Yannick Schildknecht commented Jan 16 '14, 11:10 a.m. | edited Jan 16 '14, 11:13 a.m.

Bonjour, Simon,

The "-nl en_US" parameter works fine and is a nice solution.
I really appreciate the time you spent on this !

Merci !

One other answer

permanent link
Simon Washbrook (67216) | answered Jan 10 '14, 8:42 a.m.
Bonjour Yannick,
The help web site uses the languages preferences of your browser to select the language of the help.
in Firefox goto "Tools" > "Oprions" then the "Content" tab to change your language references.
There used to be an Firefox extension called "Quick Locale Switcher" that I used to switch between french and English.
However since I moved to Firefox 24.0 ESR it no longer works. Also the latest versions of this extension contain malware (see the reviews) so I am loath to recommend it. I can't find another extension that works.
Therefore the only option I can find is to change your browser options :-(
You could use another browsers (Chrome, Opera or IIE) just for the help pages but I admit that is using sledgehammer to swat a fly.
Bonne chance,
Simon

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.