It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting DPR-ERR-2056 while running a RI report with the option of Run with .csv format

Dhanya Saseendran (8831421) | asked Jan 10 '14, 3:05 a.m.
 Hi,

I am getting an error when I run the RI report with the format as .csv or excel. But it runs fine with the HTML format. I require a .csv format or an excel version to learn and correct my reports. Can anyone help?

The error details are as below.

DPR-ERR-2056 The Report Server is not responding. Handler trace back: [the_dispatcher] com.cognos.pogo.handlers.performance.PerformanceIndicationHandler [the_dispatcher] com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler [service_lookup] com.cognos.pogo.handlers.engine.ServiceLookupHandler [load_balancer] com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler [lb_forwarder] com.cognos.p2plb.clerver.LoadBalanceHandler [batchreportservicechain] com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler [warptask_with_authenticate] com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler [do_batch_warp] com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler [warptaskmtaChain] com.cognos.pogo.handlers.logic.ChainHandler [warptaskmta] com.cognos.pogo.reportservice.BatchReportServerHandler

Thanks
Dhanya

2 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jan 10 '14, 7:57 a.m.
Hello Dhanya,

I would start from this topic of the Cognos info center:

Report Runs Slowly
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cbi/v10r1m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ug_cr_rptstd.10.1.0.doc%2Fug_cr_rptstd_id60119rs_report_slow.html

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jan 10 '14, 5:35 a.m.
Hello Dhanya,

a difference between generating a report as HTML and generating it as csv or excel is that in HTML the report server generates a page at time while in csv/excel the report server generate the whole report at once.
A report returning a very large data set or requirning complex computation might work well in HTML but timeout in csv/excel

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Dhanya Saseendran commented Jan 10 '14, 6:54 a.m.

Hi Fransesco,

Thank you for your response. I will try to improve the performance of the report. 
I had seen a link on improving the performance of RI reports but not able to find it now. Could you please give me if you have it?

Thanks 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.