It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0.1.4 client no longer displays option to refresh local sandbox

Jonathan Dale (1035) | asked Jan 09 '14, 11:33 a.m.
My RTC 3.0.1.4 rich client seems to have 'forgotten' about my local sandbox.
The "Refresh Remote Changes" drop-down, which used to contain 3 entries, now contains only two:
"Refresh Remote Changes"
"Refresh Sandbox and Remote Changes"     - however, this is gray'ed out

Since I can not refresh the local sandbox, RTC does not see any of my changes, so I can not check anything in!

How do I restore the "Refresh Sandbox" capability?

4 answers

permanent link
Igor Konovalov (11) | answered Oct 17 '14, 10:31 a.m.

"How to get Pending Changes to refresh automatically when Local changes happen?" - 

RTC 3.0.1.6 has an issue or a special feature: changes don't appear in Pending Changes view automatically, if sandbox path differs from Eclipse workspace path regardless other options in Eclipse preferences are turned on or off.

permanent link
Jonathan Dale (1035) | answered Jan 10 '14, 8:46 a.m.
The reason that the "refresh" option did not appear seems to have been that RTC forgot that the sandbox was loaded.  (I had made no changes since yesterday).)  When I tried to do a "load" on the sandbox I got a cryptic error on the ".jazz5\.jazzlock" file and the load would not proceed.  I tried logging out of the RTC client and then back in but the lock file error persisted.  I had to re-boot the machine to clear the error.  Once RTC would do the 'load' the 'refresh sandbox' option came back.

In terms of automatically monitoring a directory, as stated in the question title I am running the 3.0.1.4 client, not the rev 4 client, so the "Pending Changes" doc above, while interesting, does not apply.

Comments
Sumant Renukarya commented Jan 10 '14, 9:19 a.m.

I thought it's worth looking into the preferences in case something was missing there, as was the case in my previous experience. Anyways this is an interesting one and I am sure will help others in a similar situation. Thanks for sharing. 

Regards
Sumant

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Jan 10 '14, 4:47 a.m.
 Here is the exact step, which should help in this case:

How to get Pending Changes to refresh automatically when Local changes happen?

If you make changes to a file outside visual studio environment, you will need to take some extra steps to ensure that your local changes are detected by the Pending Changes view. Now, starting from RTC 4.0 (CLM 2012) Client, there are preferences you can enable to help detect these local changes automatically in the pending changes view. In order to refresh Pending Changes automatically when changes happen to a file outside visual studio environment, set the Automatically detect when file is changed outside the environment option.

Open Tools > options > source control > Jazz source control > Changes and select the check box for Automatically detect when file is changed outside the environment .

This is explained in this article:

https://jazz.net/library/article/601

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Jan 09 '14, 11:49 a.m.
 Hi Jonathan

1. You can check the settings here in RTC Eclipse client:

Go to Window --> Preferences --> Team --> Jazz Source Control --> Changes; 

You can modify your preferences here, as per your need.

2. Here, go to Sandboxes and Add your current sandbox location to be tracked by Pending changes view; 

3. Or close the Pending changes view; Then go to Window --> Show view --> Other --> Jazz Source Control --> Pending Changes;

This should help refresh.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.