It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboard sharing to other projects and also projects in other server

Surender Biyyala (111) | asked Jan 09 '14, 5:58 a.m.
 HI,

I'm a new bee to RTC .some please help me out to get the following scenario right.

I have a Dashboard created in one of my project area and other team wants to use the same Dashboard template.
They don`t have access to our project so that they can make use of the copy functionality of Dashboards.

my questions are:
-->is there any mechanism in place which will show all the available Dashboards across the projects in the server when the user clicks on new tab of the existing dashboard and allow him to select the template while creating the Dashboard.(It should not be the process template as we want to copy only that particular dashboard).
is this possible if so could some one please point me to the correct approach.

--> can we have process template with multiple dashboard configured and allow the user to select any of the template on the fly while creating a dashboard.

-->

Thanks,
Surender

Comments
Surender Biyyala commented Jan 10 '14, 1:12 a.m.

Thanks for quick reply sam..

the other project areas dont want the complete list of Dashboard templates configured in my process configuration rather than they want only a specific dashboard out of the list which they would like to have in their project area.

and more over the project area is already existed and we are not creating it from the scratch.

could you please throw some light on this..

sam detweiler commented Jan 10 '14, 5:58 a.m.

well, sadly, you are stuck with manually typing the data over again to define the dashboard template in your project area configuration .

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 09 '14, 6:27 a.m.
you can add as many dashboard templates as u want to the process configuration.

they are project centric. not server wide..

you can share the process config and so all projects could get the same list.
but the projects need to be created with this sharing in mind

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.