It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where do I see Backup shed files

Ram Chundu (18811) | asked Jan 08 '14, 3:22 p.m.
edited Feb 03 '14, 12:48 p.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)
I see a option called "Backup shed" which says that files will be backed up when uncommitted changes are overwritten. When do I see the files that are backed up?

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jan 08 '14, 10:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 08 '14, 10:56 p.m.
I believe you meant where are the backed up files. It is in your <sandbox location>/.jazzShed.

Comments
Ram Chundu commented Jan 09 '14, 4:15 p.m. | edited Jan 09 '14, 4:20 p.m.

What are the files backed up? I was expecting overwritten file (this file is in Unresolved and Incoming - So when I accept the Incoming changes, unresolved file got overwritten with Incoming which I was expecting to be backed up). I just see all my Undid (by doing Undo action on Unresolved files) files in jazzshed.

Also I think it would be better to just create a backup file in Sandbox (like file.backup1) instead of creating .jazzshed. I am working on RSA and I would need to physically go to the .jazzShed folder to see what are the files backed up. Instead if a new file can just be created (like file.java.backup1), I can see them in RSA itself without need to going to .jazzShed folder.

Shashikant Padur commented Jan 10 '14, 4:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The uncommitted files should have been backed up in the shed if you have enabled 'Enable backup in shed' preference. Are there multiple folders under .jazzshed? If so, check all those folders.

Ram Chundu commented Jan 10 '14, 3:40 p.m.

I dont see the Uncommitted files (files which got overwritten by Incoming changes) in .jazzShed folder. I have selected "Enable in Backup Shed" also. As I mentioned in my previous comment, only files I see in shed folder are the Undid files.

Shashikant Padur commented Jan 12 '14, 11:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

One more thing to confirm. Is your pending changes view showing the component as loaded? Does the inverted T next to the component empty (if not loaded) or filled with some color (loaded)?

Ram Chundu commented Jan 14 '14, 6:59 p.m.

Component is loaded and the inverted T is filled with the color.

Shashikant Padur commented Jan 15 '14, 4:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please raise a defect with the appropriate steps and snapshots so that the issue could be clearly identified. Thanks.

Ram Chundu commented Feb 03 '14, 12:28 p.m.

How do I submit a defect for this?

Shashikant Padur commented Feb 03 '14, 11:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Go to https://jazz.net/mystuff/#tab=ua and you will find on that page to submit a bug/enhancement request.

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.