It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Selecting work items in web UI

vinay reddy (1711205) | asked Mar 06 '09, 1:41 p.m.
I have the following scenario

User using web UI should select one of the work items in the work item view and click the other view (this would be a custom view). The custom view shows up some information relevant to the selected work item.

Can some one suggest how to go about this? Is there a way to extend the 'work item ' page of web UI such that I can provide some check boxes or radio buttons next to each work item displayed?

2 answers

permanent link
vinay reddy (1711205) | answered Mar 17 '09, 2:39 a.m.
Thanks Larry. Just to confirm, it is also not possible to add a right click menu option to the returned query results! Is that correct?

permanent link
Lawrence Smith (3764) | answered Mar 16 '09, 6:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you mean extending the query results view to allow one to click down to a separate page about the work item, then no there isn't a way to do this currently.

The easiest way to add "more information" to the work item view would be to create a new tab on the work item process specification and populate it with the information you want to display. This can include the existing work item attributes and widgets or your custom attributes and widgets. You cam also add custom attributes to the existing tabs, o reconfigure them easily. Creating custom widgets is described here:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ContributingAttributePresentations

Another way is from within a work item, add a button (custom widget) that opens your own window or popup with the information you want to display.

Or if you really need it to work just as describe and can get more complex, you could write a work item widget that displayed your list of work items. Then you would create a work item of type "Work Item List" and show your list in there. Then users create and open one of these and you can attach whatever behavior you want to the listed items. This overloads the work item a bit and may be confusing to users, so a better approach is to add custom widgets to work items as described above.

Hope this helps,
Larry Smith
RTC Work Item Web UI Development

I have the following scenario

User using web UI should select one of the work items in the work item view and click the other view (this would be a custom view). The custom view shows up some information relevant to the selected work item.

Can some one suggest how to go about this? Is there a way to extend the 'work item ' page of web UI such that I can provide some check boxes or radio buttons next to each work item displayed?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.