It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Settting multiable IBMi search paths dynamically

James Cole (9532430) | asked Jan 07 '14, 2:49 p.m.
Hi,

I currently have a few applications where I would like to have one language definition and translator per language type i.e. RPG_def and RPG_trans. The reason for this is so that I can set the file associations to automatically assign the language definitions.

However, while this is straight forward to do, how can I set the translator to dynamically use a different search path? Can this be achieved by using the build variables, instead of hard coding a value in the translator? I know that it can be set in the build definition, but this is too restricted for the setup because some applications have multiple libraries.

Many Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Hung Lam (2911915) | answered Jan 07 '14, 5:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi James,
You do not specify which version of RTC that you are using.  However, with 4.0.3, you can use a build property to point to a search path in the translator.  Please see the design wiki here  https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/IBMiSearchPath.  Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.