It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does the execution trend report determine the computed values?

Michael Haun (4921924) | asked Jan 06 '14, 2:54 p.m.
The sample execution trend report appears to pick arbitrary values for the computed attempted and computed completed trend lines.  For example, I've created 4387 TCERs for a given test schedule iteration:

When I create a "Execution Trend" report based on this same test schedule iteration it seems to arbitrarily set the computed values to end around 2,800:

I've noticed this before and as testing progresses the trend line will adjust...but this is very poor since the whole idea is to map out if testing progress is on target...you don't want the trend line to change.  Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you!

One answer

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Jan 06 '14, 5:17 p.m.
 Hi Michael,

I believe that number is the total weight, that is it should be the sum of all weights of the test case execution records in a test plan.  So the trend comparing "attempted" (the end goal) vs. "completed" (current state) should always be heading towards this limit.  If you add up all the weights do they total to 2800?  

Toni

Comments
Michael Haun commented Jan 07 '14, 1:36 p.m.

Hi Toni, thanks for you response.  Doesn't my first screenshot show the total weight (e.g. "points)?  I'm trying to chart the same thing in two different ways.  So my first widget shows there are 4,387 points but the execution trend only shows ~2800.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.