It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to configure Waterfall template in rtc client

Adarsh Mohapatra (611) | asked Jan 06 '14, 5:49 a.m.
 Hi,

There is a requirement to reconfigure the CLM instance to waterfall model from T&A template.

Please assist me how to reconfigure this in RTC client. Please provide the steps to change this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Adarsh Mohapatra

5 answers

permanent link
Adarsh Mohapatra (611) | answered Jan 06 '14, 8:37 a.m.
 Hi Sumant,

Thanks for the response.

I am planning to create a CLM instance with waterfall model template.

Can you please share the steps how to add those along with the roles and workflow.

RTC client version used : 4.0.0.1

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Adarsh

permanent link
Adarsh Mohapatra (611) | answered Jan 06 '14, 8:31 a.m.
 Hi Anthony,

Thanks for a quick response.

RTC client version which I am using : 4.0.0.1

I have planned to create a new lifecycle project.

So, can you please share me the steps how to achieve this.

And also is the Waterfall model template is available in version 4.0.0.1 (?).

Looking forward for a help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Adarsh

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Jan 06 '14, 11:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Adarsh

The "waterfall" project template is called the Formal Project Management Process in RTC.  You may want to consider the style of requirements (stories vs use cases vs functional specs, etc) before picking a template for requirements, and go through a similar process for RQM.

The main thing is to use the Formal Project Management Process in RTC for your Lifecycle project.

anthony

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Jan 06 '14, 7:49 a.m.
 Hi Adarsh

1. You need to use the Formal Project Management process template, which supports the traditional waterfall model. 

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_traditional_process_temp.html

2. While there is a documentation on how to migrate a project to a different process template here, you need to be very careful as mentioned in the complex merge:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_migrate_dif_process.html

Before you try this, maybe you should answer Anthony's question on what are you trying to do and the CLM version.

3. To verify what is this T&A template, in RTC Eclipse client, Right click the project in question --> Open; In the overview tab, below process description look for the process description.  

permanent link
Adarsh Mohapatra (611) | answered Jan 06 '14, 7:23 a.m.
 Hi Anthony,

Thanks for replying.

Even I am not sure what is T&A template.

I need the current CLM instance to reflect Waterfall template, workflow and roles.

So, can you provide the steps to do that, or any document or screenshots(how to change the template). It will be of great help if you can share the info.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Adarsh

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Jan 06 '14, 7:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi

There is no automatic way to change the template to a completely new template.  However, you can use the Process Area editors in each of the CLM tools to add or modify roles, add and remove attributes, etc.

Your first step is to look at which roles you want to have, and see if they are close to roles in the existing template.  You can probably rename the roles in the project area.

Next step - what work item types do you need - then either add in or modify the existing items.

This is a non-trivial task to take a project in progress to change it - I would consider getting help from someone in IBM to do this. Alternatively, start a new Lifecycle project.

anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 06 '14, 7:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Adarsh

I believe you are looking at using a Waterfall-type template in a Lifecycle Project, there is no need to change the whole CLM server.

Your Lifecycle project template is set when the project is created.  It may be possible to change this to another template, but you risk hiding existing data from the users, and having blank values in some new fields.

Can you explain a bit more what you are trying to do, what version of CLM you are running, and what the T&A template is?

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.