It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS NextGen Sandbox: Can't edit or delete artifacts.

Christopher Bearden (111) | asked Jan 04 '14, 10:50 a.m.
 Unable to edit or delete artifacts (the red "x" is grayed-out) I created in my project folder.   Unable to create new folders or sub-folders.   I'm a new DNG user so if you have an answer please be very specific.  Thank you! 

3 answers

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Jan 06 '14, 5:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If this project was created in the sandbox, I would hope he would have permission to edit artifacts by default.  If that's not the case Christopher, I would suggest opening a defect against the sandbox.  
If you're not familiar with how to do this, go to the My Stuff link at the top of this page.  From there you should see a button to "Submit a bug".  Submit it for Rational Requirements Composer; then in the Filed Against field, search for sandbox and you should see a sandbox component.  

Comments
Antoinette Iacobo commented Jan 07 '14, 12:50 p.m.

Christopher, sorry I missed the "Sandbox" in this.  Kirk is right... 

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Jan 06 '14, 5:19 p.m.
 Christopher, if you cannot see this Menu fully, you need someone who is a project administrator to check for you.  They should note your assigned role and then look in the Team Configuration list of permitted actions.  

permanent link
david groff (122) | answered Jan 06 '14, 2:46 p.m.
Check your permissions.
In you manage project Area > permissions > Requirement Management Resources

You must have Delete Artifact  enabled ( checked )

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.