It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does my custom enumeration attribute show up empty?

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Jan 02 '14, 12:26 p.m.
edited Jan 02 '14, 12:27 p.m.
 I have created a custom work item type and a custom enumeration.  I can add that custom enumeration to my new type with no problem but when I create a new work item of that type, the drop down list does not appear on that field, it just says "no items" and is read-only.

A couple other things that seem suspicious:  1) when I add the enumeration to the custom type, it does not appear in the "reuse existing attribute" section.  However, if I create a new attribute, it does allow me to choose the type of the attribute to be the new enumeration I had created.  2) when I use the  "check usages of this enumeration in the repository" option, it tells me the enumeration is NOT in use.  However, on the custom type itself when I "check attribute usages in the repository" it says "work items in the repository contain all the configured attributes".

I've read the "customizing work items" section and it seems I did everything by the process.  Any other ideas what the problem might be?

- Andy

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Jan 07 '14, 7:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

regarding 2) when I use the  "check usages of this enumeration in the repository" option, it tells me the enumeration is NOT in use

this operations checks if any already existing work item is using the given attribute.
Since you have problems with your enum, assume that no work item has this attribute.
So I would say : expected.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jan 07 '14, 7:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 received the PA source.

Using RTC 4.0.5, I created a SCRUM PA,
copied / pasted the source to this PA - saved

Created a new work item both in Eclipse and WebUI - enum values show up OK

Waiting for additional data from Andy.
Andy Jewell selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Jan 07 '14, 11:10 a.m.

Great, thanks Eric!  At least it seems I'm not doing something wrong.  Since I'm using 4.0.3 and the enum values are not showing up, can you think of any other configuration that may be at fault, or is this a defect in 4.0.3?

Eric Jodet commented Jan 07 '14, 12:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Andy,

works fine also on 4.0.3.
Possibly:
- try with a new PA
- debug the WebUI using firefox and firebug

Let me know.
Thanks

Andy Jewell commented Jan 07 '14, 12:47 p.m.

I added a couple of new presentations to the editor and once I did that it started working for me as well.  I'm not going to try to track this one down!

Thanks for your help, Eric!

One other answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jan 06 '14, 7:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Andy,
please send me your Project Area source as XML,
and point me to the failing enum.
email : eric_jodet@fr.ibm.com

Thanks,
Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.