It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we modify RAM community Audit report data during exporting as CSV file?

Pramod Chavan (191620) | asked Jan 02 '14, 5:42 a.m.
edited Jan 02 '14, 10:04 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
 Hello,

I would generate RAM Community Audit report for ASSET_BROWSE activity.
Once it is generated, I like to download the activity data generated.

My question is, is there any settings or configurations in RAM which allow me to include asset related data that I am interested-in, in the exported .csv file? 

I like to get the GUID & Version of the assets(also few attributes & categories) also in the CSV file.

We are using RAM 7.5.1.

Thanks,
Pramod

Comments
Pramod Chavan commented Jan 02 '14, 6:00 a.m.

Also, I forgot to mention earlier, the audit result generated is inconsistent in the way that the result items does not exceed 100 items(I am sure that we have more than 100 items for the selected time frame). 

Am I missing something here??
or
whether it is a known defect?

Thanks,
Pramod

One answer

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Jan 02 '14, 1:45 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 02 '14, 3:59 p.m.
The main admin audit web page is limited to 100, but the exported csv is unlimited (as of version 7.5.0). Pre 7.5.0 it is 100.

The community dashboard audit web page is limited to 100, but the exported csv is unlimited (as of version 7.5.1.2). Pre 7.5.1.2 it is 100.

Asset guid/version were added in 7.5.2. It is not configurable as to what columns are exported.

Comments
Pramod Chavan commented Jan 03 '14, 5:12 a.m.

Thanks Rich Kulp for the answer.

We are using RAM 7.5.1.1 version. 

One related question regarding reporting URL for the same version of RAM.

When I access ASSET_BROWSE activity(tid=608) using the RAM reporting URL the result is inconsistent, is it because I am using 7.5.1.1? 
I observed that when I invoke reporting URL by including "asset:filters=<search-filter>", I don't see any changes in response.

Can you please confirm? 

Rich Kulp commented Jan 03 '14, 10:37 a.m. | edited Jan 06 '14, 10:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  • asset filters only apply to asset reports. Activity reports are generic and not asset specific, so asset filters aren't applied then. Activity reports go through the activity database and not the asset database.
  • asset:filters is a defect in the documentation. There is no asset:filters. There is asset:shortcut. And that only applies to asset reports, not activity reports. 
  • You can ask for the browse for a specific asset with report URL. But you need to know the guid and version. See Report Asset Activities URL. But you can't filter to a set of assets for asset activities.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.