It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Birt report : add "today" checkbox in Date parameter

Antoine LELEU (5012728) | asked Jan 02 '14, 5:08 a.m.
edited Jan 02 '14, 10:05 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
 Hello,

I would like know if it's possible to add a checkbox "today" in Date parameter, as it exist the checkbox "current user" on User parameter.
The goal is to add a custom report on personal dashboard and this report display the information of current day.

Thanks,

Antoine

One answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jan 03 '14, 11:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Antoine, if this parameter is always going to point to today's date, why do you need this parameter any way?

The BIRT report design could it self find the current date and pass it to the data set.

If you need to support both the current date and a user selected date, you can always add an extra parameter with two choices: Current Date, User Selected Date.

If user selects the Current Date choice, then the report can ignore the real Date parameter.

Not very elegant but it should work.

Comments
Antoine LELEU commented Jan 23 '14, 10:24 a.m.

Hi Rafik,

Thanks for your answer.
this is why i want implement that. The users put the report on the dasboard and i would like that the report diplay the data of the current days. However, if a user whish to see the data of a specific day, he can modify the query and select the specific date.

Do you have more informations about the extra paramter. Do you know how i could implement that ?

Thanks,
Antoine

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.