It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to do a "deep copy" module in RRC ?

yk wu (461915) | asked Dec 27 '13, 3:21 a.m.
edited Jan 02 '14, 5:27 p.m. by Douglas Bush (28125)
Hi,

I am working with RRC 4.0.3 with links (link to/link from) to another RRC project, and link (validated by) to another RQM project.

e.g.
RRC project 1 <--> RRC project 2 <--> RQM project

Let's say I have a module in "RRC project 2" which links to some artifacts in "RRC project 1" and also links to some test cases in "RQM project".

If I want to "Deep Copy (with all the links to RRC & RQM)" the module in "RRC project 2" to a new project "Let's say: RRC project 3",  and My aim is to preserve all the links when copying module to new project.

Can you please help ?

Thanks a lot,

One answer

permanent link
My-An Nguyen (2963) | answered Dec 30 '13, 1:28 p.m.
Assuming you will be using ReqIF to export/import a module to another project, the links that are exported are only links to other requirements in the same project. Preserving links to RQM or another project is not supported.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_export_reqif.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.