It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which feature is corresponding to the plug-in "com.ibm.team.filesystem.common.workitems"?

Albert Yao (5411322) | asked Dec 25 '13, 12:37 p.m.
After reading the blog:Restrict Delivery of Changesets Associated to Wrong Work Item Types Advisor,
I wrote a plug-in to restrict the work item type associated with the delivering change set,
but the feature project depends on the plug-in "com.ibm.team.filesystem.common.workitems",
which feature is corresponding to the plug-in?
The feature project depends on the plug-in "com.ibm.team.filesystem.common.workitems"

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 26 '13, 7:37 a.m.

sorry, don't understand. why do you need a 'feature'?

that plugin is clearly in the sdk and the server runtime.

on 4.0.3 that plugin is
com.ibm.team.filesystem.common.workitems_3.1.400.v20130630_0050

Albert Yao commented Dec 26 '13, 8:53 a.m.

@ Sam, thanks for your reply!

I do it as RTC40ExtPoT.pdf in the article 

Rational Team Concert 4.0 Extensions Workshop

In "Lab 6 Deploying the Server Side", it says "for Jazz server side provisioning, you need to use features"
For Jazz Server Side Provisioning, You Need To Use Features

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 06 '14, 3:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't know all the details either, what I think I understand so far is that some of the features collect the information about all the other features. The pattern in the naming seems to be com.ibm.team.*.server.*.feature and the second wildcard represents the feature domain. Since there is an increasing tendency to modularize you would find more general stuff in jfs (I think this means Jazz Foundation Services) packages and more rtc specific features in rtc related features.

permanent link
Albert Yao (5411322) | answered Dec 30 '13, 12:49 p.m.
According to the pdf document, the regular pattern is "com.ibm.team.*.server.jfs.feature" or "com.ibm.team.*.server.rtc.feature" and I got the result "com.ibm.team.filesystem.server.rtc.feature".

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 26 '13, 9:19 a.m.
ok. I have never used such tight feature dependencies.
I only use the dependencies at the plugin level (as configured in the plugin.xml).

Comments
Albert Yao commented Dec 26 '13, 10:34 a.m.

@Sam, I don't know Why "for Jazz server side provisioning, you need to use features", either. It's confusing. And I need to find out the mechanism about relationship between plug-ins and features.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.