It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I Use the OSLC API to Set the "Filed Against" Attribute?

Nate Decker (37814261) | asked Dec 20 '13, 9:32 a.m.

From my reading online, I've determined that the syntax for setting a work item's Filed Against attribute (in my case, at creation time) is as follows:

rtc_cm:filedAgainst="_hDbz8EqVEd6HXO10niqZpg"

Where the unique string maps to some custom category value. How do I find those mappings?

2 answers

permanent link
Nate Decker (37814261) | answered Dec 20 '13, 3:26 p.m.

I believe I have discovered a solution for this. It might not be the optimal solution, but it works.

If you fetch the resourceShape information for the work item that you are trying to create, it lists all of the allowable filedAgainst enumerations (i.e., the unique URLs for them). You can follow the URLs for these enumerations to get information about them (like their names).

To fetch the resourceShape, refer to this post:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/118474/oslc-is-it-possible-to-access-all-attributes-and-their-types-for-particular-work-item-type?page=1&focusedAnswerId=136991#136991

permanent link
Oliver Siebenmarck (1111) | answered Dec 20 '13, 11:03 a.m.
Hi Nate,

I had pretty much the same issue you describe: filedAgainst is mandatory in most process templates, however the Jazz REST API does not seem to provide a way to discover the mappings as you normally would with OSLC. In the end, we used the following workaround: Creating a test work item, filing it against different categories and creating our own, offline mapping. This has worked quite well, although it cannot handle new values without intervention.

If you find a better way, I'd very interested to hear about it.

Kind regards,
 Oliver

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.