It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Delivery of base lines from snapshots into flow target stream

Alexander N (1335) | asked Dec 19 '13, 8:06 a.m.
retagged Dec 19 '13, 11:05 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi,

I have a RTC source control question. I have a workspace that is connected with a stream as flow target. The workspace is used as build workspace and snapshots are automatically created within that workspace as part of the Ant build tasks. If I list the baselines within the workspace of the contained component, I see baselines for all snapshots that were created within the workspace.

Unfortunately I don't see these baselines as outgoing changes when I view the workspace with its target stream in the "pending changes" view. I also don't see the baselines when I list the baselines of the component underneath the stream itself (the flow target of the workspace).

So my question is: Is there any way to transfer the baselines into the stream? I expected to see them as outgoing changes.

Thanks, Alexander

2 answers

permanent link
Alexander N (1335) | answered Dec 19 '13, 8:18 a.m.
I think I answered the question myself. The baselines are integral part of the component itself, once they are created within the workspace. They are not shown at the stream "show baselines" menu, because they weren't created on that stream. Anyway, they can be used at any time by adding a component with one of the baselines to a new workspace/stream and they are also available in the "compare with" menu once the filter is cleared.

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Dec 19 '13, 8:20 a.m.
 Hi Alexander

How the baselines are transferred into the streams, as part of component and how it shows in the outgoing changes is explained here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_creating_baseline.html&scope=null

Do you see any difference in the steps in your case than described here? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.