It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Quality Manager 4.0.5 not able to execute test cases after upgrade from 4.0.3

Patrick Paquette (371219) | asked Dec 18 '13, 5:12 p.m.
edited Dec 18 '13, 5:13 p.m.
 Some (not all) test cases we can no longer execute.  Running a test case on its own (outside of a suite) presents the dialog to prompt which Test Case Execution record you want the result to live in, however it never presents any option to create a new or select an existing execution record - it simply says "loading", forever.  If I remove all existing test case execution records, and try to run it again, it works.  I tried restoring each individual execution record one by one to see if it was just one of them that was causing this issue, but each one caused the "loading forever" failure.  If I execute the test case in the context of a suite, it will not execute the manual script associated to the case, it will simply create an empty execution result record.  Any ideas how I can work around this?  If I copy the test case it is the same as removing the existing results and works ok.  I'm thinking of copying all test cases that exhibit this problem and updating all suites to use the new test cases - but that's really time consuming and hoping for a better solution from the forum...

One answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Dec 18 '13, 9:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Patrick,

Were these Test cases associated with a Test Plan earlier and then removed from the Test Plan after creating TCERs?
You can check  the TCERs if Test Plan is populated in them. 
There was a defect which is supposed to be fixed in  4.0.5  - https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=97155, but maybe it's not fixed completely.

If you are running into same defect, then workaround is to associate those Test cases back to the Test Plan or generate a new TCER first and then run it. You should be able to generate a new TCER by going to the "TestCase Execution Records" section of Test Case and clicking on icon  "Generate New TCER"  next to "Run" icon.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.