It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attribute mapping a Custom Enumaration List

Fredrik Ivansson Flinta (1621) | asked Dec 16 '13, 3:33 a.m.
 Is there any way around to make custom Enumaration Lists to the attribute mapping for planview?

The result when adding a Enumaration List to attribute mapping is: 
"Planning can not be used because the Project Configuration is invalid. Check the details for further information.: The attribute type ('enumerationList$Platform') of the planning attribute 'com.ibm.team.apt.attributes._platform' is not supported."

My custom attribute is: Platform which is a multi-selection Enumaration List.

The bottom line is, how to get Enumaration Lists show in a column in planmode? 

I could get the Enumaration List show up in the columns when creating a query.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 16 '13, 3:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Since we have so many versions of RTC out in the field, it is always a good idea to mention the version you are using.

Fredrik Ivansson Flinta commented Dec 16 '13, 3:55 a.m.

Thanks for letting me know. :)

Version: 4.0.4 is running on the server. 

Markus Schille commented Dec 16 '13, 5:37 a.m.

At the moment we operating on IBM CLM 4.0.4 with the following build information for RTC:
CCM Core Libraries 4.0.4 (RTC-I20130803-2156)
Jazz Foundation Core Libraries 4.0.4 (RJF-I20130802-1652)
Cognos parameters do not display correctly when using the Cognos gateway - (com.ibm.team.reports.web) - 4.0.4 wi284879 (2.1.2000.v20130722_2345)

Cognos parameters do not display correctly when using the Cognos gateway - (com.ibm.team.reports.service.cognos)
- 4.0.4 wi284879 (0.6.1000.v20130626_0447)

Fredrik Ivansson Flinta commented Dec 18 '13, 3:08 a.m.

I would appreciate if there could be a way around problem since this is currently blocking one of the Teams and might be a reason for not go further with RTC. 

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 18 '13, 4:29 a.m.

I just looked into RTC 4.0.5, maybe I am missing something, but I was not able to configure an enumeration List attribute as plan attribute. I looked into the work items and I was not able to find many around enumeration lists either. I am also unsure how an enumeration list with potentially many valsues should be displayed in a plan as a column.

Please open a PMR or Enhancement request for this.

Fredrik Ivansson Flinta commented Dec 18 '13, 6:38 a.m.

Thanks.

It works to be displayed when quering items, like:
Capture
Couldn't be that hard to make it the same in the planview.

Is there a workaround to this?

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 18 '13, 6:56 a.m.

I can't even configure it, so I assume there is no work around.

To make it show the way it shows in queries, in plan views has a lot of consequences e.g. on the Gantt chart and defies usability e.g. reducing the amount of lines presented.

Also the assumption that something that is implemented in one context is easy to implement in another does not work well from my experience. 

Fredrik Ivansson Flinta commented Dec 18 '13, 7:00 a.m.

Configure it it so add the enum,attribute as list and create a enum list in the presentation, then add it to attribute mapping, then the error message above will show.

I think i need to figure out a workaround, the problem is that the team want to show thier multiple attributes togheter with that ranking, do have any clue how to achive this?

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 18 '13, 7:19 a.m.

In 4.0.5 the enumeration List attribute did not show up as choice in the plan attributes dialog.

Fredrik Ivansson Flinta commented Dec 18 '13, 7:25 a.m.

Okey, not even in the "Project Configuration/Configuration Data/Planning/Plan Attributes"? 

Why even have enum or string lists when you can not use them to any good?!
Their was a workaround for this in older version of RTC.

But if you skip the plan question, a workaround for me could be if I could list items with the multiple lists and the ranking?
But i dont know how?!...

showing 5 of 10 show 5 more comments

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 10 '16, 3:29 a.m.
This is still not supported with RTC 6.0.1 and there is no "Workaround" since this is not a defect but just not supported.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Alain robert (1156) | answered Aug 09 '16, 4:17 p.m.
I am seeing the same message and limitation, was there an RFE registered? I would vote for it ;)

Thanks,
Alain

Comments
Alain robert commented Aug 10 '16, 8:58 a.m.

Thank you I  did find searching in the forum another post referencing this RFE
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=304193

Anybody interested please vote for it

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.