It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM failover force application cache flush

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Dec 11 '13, 12:16 p.m.
 we are working thru our DR scenarios and there is confusion over the process. 
which discusses cold and idle failover scenarios, but (in my 5th day here) there seems to be some expectation that (with one database) we  can start the DR site apps 'quickly' by sending some 'flush' signal to the production CLM apps & WAS. 

I am not aware of this scenario being supported, single replicated DB with multiple app sites and near 'hot' failover. 

can anyone point me to any different doc than the above.. 

thanks

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 11 '13, 1:08 p.m.
edited Dec 12 '13, 8:13 a.m.
and we may have found a bug. It appears during DR someone created a CLM project. On revert back to production landscape, the RM component of the CLM application still references the DR RM server applications string..
from jts/registered applications

Prod =  
/rm Requirements Management

4.0.4 https://server/rm/scr  27a04e76cf434b298838b7127f631521
from the CLM project overview 
https://server/jts/applicationAdmin?owningApplicationKey=ec018cb6-92bf-4484-8c1a-7ec782e2993e#action=com.ibm.team.process.editProjectArea&itemId=_UUh4EFd5EeOQrZ8XvRoE5w

notice the application keys are different. I need to look at the config on the DR site

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 11 '13, 1:29 p.m.

I'm guessing that  we missed a step on the config of the prod/DR machines that synchs the application IDs... 

is that here?

heading:

Synchronizing the configuration files for the primary and backup servers

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 12 '13, 10:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sam, you might want to contact support on this.

sam detweiler commented Dec 12 '13, 10:43 a.m.

thanks.. on the list of things to do 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.