It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems with exisiting parent-child links post CSV import for creating new tasks.

Badari Narayana (111) | asked Dec 06 '13, 7:33 p.m.
In the current WorkItem Team Area, We have 3- Level of WorkItems. The organization is:

Requirement
->Scenario
->Task
Incident walk-thru:

We have a Requirement1 which has a child Scenario1, the Scenario1 has child task1.
I'm trying to import new tasks from a .csv file. the new tasks that I create should be children of task1. Input file is as follows:

Type Parent Summary Description Owned By
Task #1234 sample Summary sample Desc xyz

Where #1234 is the id of task1.

Post import, the task1 to new-task parent child relationship is created. However, this will also cause the link between Task1 and scenario1 to be broken.

This phenomenon of the grand parent link getting wiped off when establishing a new parent child relationship is evident across all levels, across WorkItem Types.

Please help.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 08 '13, 8:57 a.m.

if you d this manually, the parent/child link between requirement1 and task1 remains, correct?

a workitem can have only one parent.  it could have multiple children.

Badari Narayana commented Dec 08 '13, 9:49 p.m. | edited Dec 08 '13, 9:49 p.m.

Thanks Sam. I do understand that a workitem can have only one parent. The issue is, post import of "child task" under "Task1", The link between "Task1" and "Scenario1" gets wiped off.

sam detweiler commented Dec 08 '13, 10:01 p.m.

sounds like a bug. What RTC version is this?

Badari Narayana commented Dec 08 '13, 10:03 p.m.

RTC 3.0.1.3

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 09 '13, 12:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is a bug that was fixed in RTC-4.0
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=175976
See forum entry: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/62026/rtc-301-csv-workitem-import

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.