It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is the Tested By Test Case decoration "Failed" when most recent TCER is "Passed"?

Ken Murphy (1033235) | asked Dec 06 '13, 5:21 p.m.
We have version 4.0.3 of all 3 Jazz tools.  In RTC, we've linked a work item to a test case in RQM using the Tested By Test Case link. The test case has 6 test case execution records associated with it.  The oldest one failed.  The 5 most recent passed.  The Tested By Test Case link in RTC shows a "Failed" decoration.  Why is this?  I would expect that the decoration would show "Passed", given that the most recent TCER associated with the test case has a status of "Passed".

Comments
Antoinette Iacobo commented Dec 09 '13, 12:10 p.m.

Hi Ken,

I'm not sure of the answer but have a few questions: 

Hi Ken,

Typically the test case result record (not the test case execution record) is linked to the defect WI.  And that link is "Affects Test Result".  Test Case records can be linked to Development Items with the "Tested By Test Case" link.  Does that match your environment? 

If you were to use Construction > Browse Test Cases, do you see the same icon "failed" icon for that test case?

Toni

Antoinette Iacobo commented Dec 09 '13, 12:14 p.m.

I was looking at the documentation on the icons, and in any case, that test case icon status should be "Passed" since it should reflect the result of the last run of the test in the most recent iteration - so the latest status.  

Antoinette Iacobo commented Dec 09 '13, 12:24 p.m.

Had hopes this WI would make it clearer: 

The final product says it relies on the most recent result.  I would open a PMR if the notes here do not apply to your situation.  

Ken Murphy commented Dec 10 '13, 9:58 p.m.

Toni,
Thanks for your reply.  When I browse a list of test cases, the status of the test case is "Failed".  The failed TCER associated with this test case is from 2-1/2 years ago.  All TCER's since that time have a status of "Passed".  I read the two work items that you reference above, but I have to admit that I found them hard to follow.  Do you still recommend opening a PMR?

3 answers

permanent link
Ken Murphy (1033235) | answered Dec 11 '13, 7:59 p.m.
RQM Defect 101947 has been submitted.
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=101947

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Dec 10 '13, 8:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 As per documentation,  the status icon shows the highest severity result among the most recent execution results for each unique environment. For example, if a test case has a Passed result in one environment and a Blocked result in another environment, the Blocked status icon is displayed for the test case.   https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_status_icons.html

Please check if in your case the failed TCER is for a different environment than the passed. If not, open a PMR so that it can be investigated further and defect created.

Comments
Ken Murphy commented Dec 10 '13, 10:03 p.m.

Vidya,
All TCER's associated with this test case are for the same environment.  As I indicated to Toni above, the failed TCER associated with this test case is from 2-1/2 years ago.  All TCER's since that time have a status of "Passed".

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Dec 10 '13, 7:31 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is a defect.  Please open a RQM defect or PMR.

Comments
Ken Murphy commented Dec 10 '13, 10:00 p.m.

Paul,
Do you still recommend that I open a PMR (or RQM defect) based on my response to Toni above?

Paul Slauenwhite commented Dec 11 '13, 6:40 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes.  I would open a open a PMR (or RQM defect).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.