It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is the Eclipse TeamArea>Links>Attachments list also in Web UI anywhere?

Tim Fuller (471328) | asked Dec 05 '13, 4:47 p.m.
It appears that the list of attachments in the Links tab of the Team Area only shows in the Eclipse Client and not the WebUI?  Is that true?

2 answers

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Dec 05 '13, 8:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I pulled up a 4.0.3 project area in both Eclipse and the Web UI and cannot find anything like Attachments in either the Team area or the Project area when looking at the comparable view for either in both UIs.

Depending on what you wanted to do with it, you could use a Bookmarks widget to link to relevant artifacts (or the HTML widget). If you use Connections you could consider enabling that integration and linking to items in a Connections Community. What did you have in mind?

Comments
Tim Fuller commented Dec 06 '13, 6:39 p.m.

The screen cap below shows what I'm referring to. It's the area on the far right.  So if it's only in the Eclipse client, is it intended as a way for Eclipse users to share attachements? 

Thanks for the extra points.  You made my day :)

Attachements area in Team Area Links Tab

Millard Ellingsworth commented Dec 06 '13, 6:50 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm pretty sure it is NOT intended for users sharing attachments. For one thing, if it was, I'd expect it would be in the web ui. if you look at the similar area of the project area editor, you see various attachment associated with the process specification/template you are using. I'm expecting it's for that sort of purpose -- if you modify the process in your Team area, you could attach appropriate, related items here to make them available.

Do you use Windows? Look at the Windows Shell Explorer extension for RTC? This might be a useful way to store files in Jazz SCM and make them available (and make them accessible to non-development team members, if that's an interesting use case for you). 

permanent link
Tim Fuller (471328) | answered Dec 11 '13, 2:27 p.m.
Thanks!  Very helpful. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.