It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

A changeset in two streams: How to find out to which it came sooner

Boris Bondarenko (3016) | asked Dec 05 '13, 8:24 a.m.
retagged Dec 13 '13, 2:14 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hello,

I would like to ask if there is a possibility of finding out whether exists an option of finding out to which stream a certain changeset has been delivered sooner (in case it is referred from multiple streams).

Use case: (-> means deliver :) 

Changeset A (from developer's workspace) - > Stream 1

Changeset A (from Stream 1) -> Stream 2

Now I have Cangeset A in streams 1 and 2. Is there an option how to find out to which stream it was delivered sooner? Normally in RTC I can only see when the changeset was created but not when is was delivered to a certain stream.

At the end this would lead to complete list of changesets which originated from one stream (when comparing two streams).

Best regards, Boris.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 07 '13, 11:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is not currently available, but there is work going on now to add this feature.   Subscribe to work item [CCM] Refactor change set object model for improved merge gap handling (Quatro) (170001) to track its progress. Take a look at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/SCMChangeSetOrdering if you'd like to see the technical details.
Boris Bondarenko selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Dec 05 '13, 8:29 a.m.
Hi Boris,

Please go to the Stream1 and select the Component >Show History it gives the change-set date created.

Stream2 and select the Component >Show History it gives the change-set date created.

Compare the date created for the changeset you will get the results.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Arun

Comments
Boris Bondarenko commented Dec 05 '13, 8:44 a.m.

Hello Arun,

Thank you for the answer, but the change set date- reated is really the date when the change set was delivered to the first stream. If you deliver it to the other stream, the date stay the same. I would say that the changes set is somehow referenced among streams it has been delivered to.

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Dec 05 '13, 10:36 a.m.
Hi Boris,

RTC SCM will not track the information from where the changes are coming from.

eg: it records who created and when it was created ..

Hope I answered your question. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Arun

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.