It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why Closed Work item in Production has been changed when I changed the work item association in Development?

S Gurugubelli (21710) | asked Dec 04 '13, 12:02 p.m.
edited Dec 05 '13, 6:10 p.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)
Hi,

Closed PROD work item has been changed when I changed the work item in DEVL to a different work item.
Below are the sequence of events:
Expanded the DEVL stream in 'Source Control' section
Right clicked on a component --> Show --> Repository Files
Right clicked on a program --> Show History
Selected Change sets, Right clicked and assigned to different work item
It has changed the work item no of this program in PRODUCTION even though it was closed.

Is this how it supposed to be?
Please share your experience if you came across same/similar situation.

Our environment: RTC 4.0/RDz 8.5 on z/OS.

Thanks for your help!
Sekhar

2 answers

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered May 26 '16, 1:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Here is my understanding of what is going on, and where the confusion lies:

You are associating a work item to a change set that you see in the component history of the "DEVL" stream and later see that the change set shown in the component history of the "PRODUCTION" stream also had that work item associated. The explanation is that this is the same change set item. I.e. a change set once 'completed' (closed) and be delivered/accepted to multiple streams or repository workspaces. So even if you see it in the history of a particular stream, changing the change set (ex: changing the comment, or changing the work item associations) will also have that reflected in the component history of another stream where that change set also exists.

S Gurugubelli, please let me know if this describes what you are seeing, and let me know if this answers your questions or if you have follow-up questions.

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jan 07 '14, 4:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you copy your production environment DB and put it into prod? If they are using the same public URI or configuration files, you may have updated the production DB.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.