It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make SCM can work on my current ProjectArea

Kong Yi (345) | asked Dec 03 '13, 5:21 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 11:36 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi 

I am a fresh people using RTC SCM.  I want  SCM can work on my specified WorkSpace in  specified ProjectArea.

But I don't know how to do that even though I read the Help Content in RTC about the SCM.

e.g

Under RTC repository, I am working on a workspace in a specify ProjectArea. I hope my SCM just can running on this
specified workspace. How should I do.

So far, what I know for any command I will add -r repository -u xxxx -P password to make it work. But it seams working on repository level, not on Workspace level under special ProjectArea

Comments
Kong Yi commented Dec 03 '13, 5:27 a.m. | edited Dec 03 '13, 6:31 a.m.

BTW, I am using SCM under RTC Eclipse IDE environment.

Aradhya K commented Dec 03 '13, 5:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

In RTC you login to the repository and access the data in the repository.

Based on yout like it seams working on repository level, not on Workspace level under special ProjectArea Do you you want the work space to be private so that on one else can access it??

Kong Yi commented Dec 03 '13, 5:54 a.m.

Yes, the Workspace is private.

I just found a artifact that https://jazz.net/library/article/620/  ---"Getting started with the Jazz SCM command line in Rational Team Concert".

Does it is necessary to create a new workspace and load it , then SCM just can working on it ?

Can I working on a existed workspace without to re-create a new one ?

One answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Dec 03 '13, 9:52 a.m.
Hi Kong,

Please find the link below for Getting Started with Jazz Source Control

https://jazz.net/library/article/41

Regards,
Arun.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.