It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Running BIRT report on server causes 'The type of parameter "selectedCountry" is expected as "Object[]", not "java.lang.String".' error

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | asked Nov 28 '13, 12:18 p.m.
edited Nov 28 '13, 2:08 p.m.
Hello all,
I have created my custom report with param called selectedCountry which is List Box allowing selecting multiple values. ( see image) Param settings
The report works fine in report designer but when I deploy it on the server, I have following error message after selecting parameters:

Running BIRT report on server causes following error message:
The type of parameter "selectedCountry" is expected as "Object[]", not "java.lang.String".

There is no data displayed.

What should I change in the report to make it working?

I am using RTC 4.0.4.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 28 '13, 12:47 p.m.

Is this really a parameter? the Birt implementation on RTC requires double quotes around the data for parameters.   Birt Designer does NOT require this.

see here

3 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Nov 28 '13, 2:41 p.m.
edited Nov 28 '13, 4:23 p.m.
OK I have fixed issue. You need uncheck "Allow multiple values" option in parameters option. Then the report still allows you to select multiple values in rtc and works correctly :)

I have also created https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=292069 to improve error message to be more meaningful.

permanent link
David MICHEL (1472448) | answered Feb 12 '14, 5:29 p.m.
OK it's work but I have added to add in the filter of each dataset using the param, the following line:
params["multi_ID_WI"].value.split(",") instead of params["multi_ID_WI"]

permanent link
David MICHEL (1472448) | answered Feb 09 '14, 1:18 p.m.
Hello,
    I have the same issue but even I can check multi value, the report generated displays one result.
Could you tell me if you observe the same behaviour ?

Thank you for your return

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.