It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Java Heap Space Error on loading files.

Sean Burke (3789137237) | asked Nov 27 '13, 4:14 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 12:10 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Is this solely a resource issue on the local machine?

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Nov 28 '13, 2:17 a.m.
Hi Sean,
Probably there are java dumps generated on the server too. You can consider sending them to the support for further analyzis.

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Nov 27 '13, 7:30 p.m.
The error code is from server hence you may want to check with ccm.log first to see if you can find info at the specific time. We did see some similar case and find the server memory allocation(-Xmx) is too high in a relatively low physical memory environment. So you also want to check with server what the physical memory is and how much is allocated to JVM heap size.(if Tomcat used, the default max JVM Heap size is 4GB for example)

Comments
Kevin Lou commented Mar 24 '14, 2:44 p.m.

Why do you think it is a server side issue? We have seen this before and no error/warning from the server logs. I think it must be on the client side.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Mar 25 '14, 3:53 a.m.

Hi Kevin,
The error message goes from client. It is definietely client message. Please see my answer below if you want to continue investigating it.

Evan Hughes commented Mar 25 '14, 9:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@kevinlou The status code 500 suggests it's a server side issue.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Mar 25 '14, 9:41 a.m.

Ah sorry, I meant server in my last comment. Evan is right.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.