It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why Estimate field is displayed in different size?

alessandro chelucci (111) | asked Nov 27 '13, 1:13 p.m.
Hi

we have a work item with Estimate field set to "24 days". If I display the work item  in :
work item editor the filed is shown like " 4W 4D"
the same filed is displayed in plan like  "4,8 weeks"
and hovering on the same work item i can see the field size like 192 hours.

is it possible to have the field size displayed in the same format in any place ?
is it possible to configure the system and have the size format in "days" ?

thanks in advance
Bye
Alessandro

2 answers

permanent link
alessandro chelucci (111) | answered Dec 13 '13, 9:02 a.m.
Hi Krzysztof,

thanks for reply.
I had a look at the story you proposed but it seams to me this story was more about "wrong conversion" of time instead of inconsistent  " time measurement unit " display over the different way a and user have to display the same Estimation Field,
The same field of the same work item viewed  in a plan is in Week  (4,8), in the work item editor is in W,D (4W 4D) and in the project view, hovering on it  it's displayed in hours (192 hours).
But we use to measure our work in Man/days...
so my question was if there is in RTC  a configuration somewhere to have the field size displayed in the same format in any place and if there is also a configuration to set RTC to use only size format in "days" ?
or if there is a plan to implement it ?

thanks
Alessandro

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Nov 28 '13, 2:30 a.m.
Hi alessandro,
It is good point that time format is different in each place. We have story for that: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=85440
Please subscribe to this story to track the progress. Alternatively you can use internal channels to push IBM to resolve this issue.
Let us know if it helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.