It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem starting the Report server

Ieng Lao (122) | asked Nov 27 '13, 12:53 p.m.
Hi,                                                                     

Hope you shed some light on this. I tried to stop & start the reporting server and the stopping & starting processes  without any issue with the commands below:                               

./stopServer.sh RationalReportingServer -profileName                    
RationalReportingSvr -username abcdmin -password abcxxxx                

./startServer.sh RationalReportingServer -profileName                   
RationalReportingSvr                                                    

But I have problem to access the reporting server after a restart (even
wait for 20 minutes) via  "http://InsightServer:9081/reporting", then I
need to reboot the reporting server in order to gain access again.      

I have noticed every time after a stopserver and startserver and found the following       
process is missing or failed to start which could be the reason that I  
can not access the reporting server.                                    

Here's the missing process:
=====================
root      2463  2453  6 11:08 ?        00:00:05 /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/bin/java -Xmx1g -DuseNonAsync -classpath ../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/p2pd.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/commons-httpclient-3.1.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/logkit-1.2.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/dom4j-1.6.1.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/jcam_crypto.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/commons-pool-1.3.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-1.1.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/commons-codec-1.3.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-api-1.1.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-adapters-1.1.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/cognosipf.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.8.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/cclcfgapi.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/CognosIPF.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/bcprov-jdk14-145.jar:../bin/jcam_jni.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/../classes:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/cgsService.jar:../webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib/i18nj.jar:cgsJava.jar:openviz2.jar:particles-cognos.jar com.ibm.cgsBus.CGSServer

Servers Information:
===============
Linux
WAS 8.5.x
Insight 1.1.1.2
CLM 4.0.4

Thanks,

Ieng Lao

3 answers

permanent link
Philippe Chevalier (56114) | answered Nov 27 '13, 3:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It has been my experience that situation like this could occur if the profile was install without any "Global Security" setting and then later adding a LDAP to CLM via the "Global Security" or setting up the console to avoid anonymous loggin. 

If the "Global Security' is setup on the profile, make sure you provide the user name and password for the stop server script.

Example:
$ bin> ./stopServer.sh server1 -username #####  -password ######

permanent link
Philippe Chevalier (56114) | answered Nov 27 '13, 3:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
After further review I notice this syntax:

./stopServer.sh RationalReportingServer -profileName RationalReportingSvr -username abcdmin -password abcxxxx

The stopServer.sh does not require the -profileName RationalReportingSvr

Please review:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/sametime/v8r5/topic/com.ibm.help.sametime.v85.doc/install/inst_startstop_commandref.html

permanent link
Philippe Chevalier (56114) | answered Nov 27 '13, 3:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am so used to my process that I am over looking other possibilities, and trying to find reference to quickly lets to bad paste.  Sorry.

stopServer command
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v8r5/topic/com.ibm.websphere.express.doc/ae/rxml_stopserver.html

So your syntax appears to be possible,  but you may need to pay attention to the string case, the name are case sensitive.  Did you see any error in the profile $WAS_HOME/profiles/$PROFILE_NAME/logs/$SERVER_NAME ( /opt/IBm/WebSphere/AppServerprofiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1) directory?  It could explain why the JVM is not stopping

I always used the format provided in the previous updates,  I suggest that when you start the profiles JVM, navigate to the profiles root directory

Example /opt/IBm/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/bin 

This assures that you are working with the right profile and avoid having to specify the profileName. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.