It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bulk change of category values of TestCase under TestPlan results in error : TypeError: this_addRelatedExternalInfo is not a function

Rajesh Avanthi (10815137173) | asked Nov 27 '13, 5:04 a.m.
edited Nov 27 '13, 5:06 a.m.
Hi

Recently under RQM v4.0.4,
During execution of  a test case or a test suite. I observe the following error.
This happened after a defect was raised during execution at a script step in the previous execution.

https://ecurep.mainz.de.ibm.com/rest/download/13343%2C999%2C744/2013-11-25/13343.999.744.error.jpg

Similarly, when Tried to do a bulk change the category value of the test case in the
test plan's test case section I encounter the below error:

Interestingly, I suspected this could be a problem with the way the Pre condition and follow up actions are configured. Did correct this though..... These errors have emerged only if you try to execute a test case which is owned by some one.  So the pre condition is only owner should execute the test case

Looks like The error messages do not indicate a meaningful information here.(Does this qualify for a product defect in such cases ?? )

Any inputs appreciated....

One answer

permanent link
Tory Jaskoviak (52015) | answered Dec 06 '13, 10:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rajesh,

Yes, 'TypeError' defects are commonly reported UI issues. I did a quick search through our existing defects and could not find anything matching the issue you are experiencing. Please feel free to create a new defect: https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=defect.

Be sure to include reproduction steps as well as a screenshot of the error message. It would also be enormously helpful to look for the corresponding error in a Firebug console in Firefox (it should be in red text).

Regards,
Tory

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.