It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Loading two components into the same folder from ui?

Makson Lee (41024241) | asked Nov 27 '13, 1:52 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 1:11 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
In this article https://jazz.net/library/article/1196, it tried to load two components into same folder with commamds like this,

lscm load 2336 external1 -t external
lscm load 2336 external2 -t external

i can do it without any problems too, but if i try to do that from eclipse ui, the first component would be unloaded automatically after the loading of second one, why? Did i do something wrong?

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 27 '13, 10:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Use "load as" to load the components where you want them to be loaded, and then in the "sandbox" Eclipse preference topic, select "generate load rules".   I normally store the load rule file under source control, so that they can be re-used by anyone.   Then when you do a "load" in Eclipse, select the "load rules" option.

permanent link
Makson Lee (41024241) | answered Nov 27 '13, 3:21 a.m.
Okay, i tried to create a load rule in the sandbox i used in eclipse ui, and found that the component was loaded with --alternative-name, so now the questions are,

1. What is difference between --alternative-name and --target?
2. How to do a --target load in eclipse ui?

Comments
Makson Lee commented Nov 27 '13, 3:45 a.m.

For question 2, i can use the 'load as' to load EACH folder in components to the 'external' folder, but i guess there should be a more easy way.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.