It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create RTC(V4.0.3) work item ends with error message "you don't have permission to perform the following actions: modify/creationDate".

Fatima Thoumprathom (322) | asked Nov 24 '13, 9:02 p.m.
Currently using RTC V4.0.3. All went fine before I added some Java Script for "Calculated Value", as well as changing the wok item creation/update permission to some user Roles (eg. Developer) for some work items only.

After I had added the java script and changed the permissions of the Roles, then the Roles are no longer
be able to update any work items (though no update permission was changed for those items). The creation always ends with  "you don't have permission to perform the following actions: modify/creationDate".
* Though, the roles was granted with the permission to create the above mentioned workitems.

There is no logic in the Java script to modify the creation Date, but only read the creationDate.

The interesting points is that the Role that has full permission to modify workitem (e.g. Project Manager) still able to create the workitem.

Is there any advice for me to handle this problem and allow the Roles (e.g. Developer) to be able to create the work item as it should be?

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 25 '13, 4:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Fatima,

I doubt it is because of the script. I am not sure what it could be, because besides the permission to create a work item (which will change the creation date) there is no special permission to allow or deny saving the creation date. That I can find anyway. It would be surprising if there were one. The creation date can not modified by the UI. I would suggest to

1. Deactivate the script and check if the issue is gone.
  2. Review the script and its configuration

For 2. what type of script is this e.g. a value provider does return a vale, even if it would be the same value, there might be an issue. What does the script do? Is it configured for the creation date, or is the creation date only an input?

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Nov 25 '13, 8:06 p.m. | edited Nov 26 '13, 2:27 a.m.

Hi, Ralph

I'm working with Fatima. Thank you for your advice. 

I tryed your your advice. I changed the calculated value setting of certain custom attribute to  "none" and removed the script, but it still occures.

Now I am checking "Save Workitem" permission. Because I grant all "Modify the work item" permission to Developer. The user can create and save work items.

If you have any advice, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Natsumi

Natsumi Yokoyama commented Nov 25 '13, 9:03 p.m.

Hi,

I forgot to answer for your questions.

What type of scripts?

• which i cusltomised are "calculated values" and "varidators".

What does the script do?

• "calculated values"  is to calculate due dates. This script is not configured for the creation date. The creation date only an input
  • "varidators" is to calculate business date. This script is referenced by above calculated values. This is not configured for the creation date and do not use creation date.

Thanks !

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 26 '13, 2:30 a.m. | edited Nov 26 '13, 2:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If the calculated values are not configured for the creation date, you should not see the issue. The attributes being calculated being dependent on the creation date would be OK and should not cause any issue. Is there any custom operational behavior, that might try to write to the creation date attribute?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.