It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

sandbox overlap in eclipse

john norris (20733844) | asked Nov 24 '13, 12:33 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 12:56 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

I notice there is an article in Jazz.net that within the RTC client for Visual Studio there is now a sandbox explorer. Is there a way of listing the sandboxes that RTC Eclipse client believes it has?

My basic problem is that if I create a new workspace based on a new stream (that is based on a snapshot) then I can not load the workspace because it believes there is a sandbox at C:\ which means the new sandbox (at C:|new_sandbox) overlaps an existing one.

So I would like to "delete" the non-existent sandbox at C:\. (Actually that is a little unfair - I am sure there is a sandbox at C:\, it just had nothing to do with me!).

Regards,

John

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Nov 24 '13, 10:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
At some point you may have loaded a repository workspace to C:\ and RTC is considering that as your sandbox. RTC does not allow you to load another sandbox within a sandbox and that is why when you try to load another workspace below C:\folderYYY it shows that error.

If you list the folders of C:\ you should see a .jazz5 folder. Existence of this folder indicates that RTC is tracking this folder as your sandbox. Delete this folder and you should be able create subfolders and load other workspaces.
john norris selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 24 '13, 5:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You manipulate RTC sandboxes in Eclipse in Preferences.  Just type "sandbox" into the Preference search box.

Comments
john norris commented Nov 26 '13, 2:32 a.m.

Thanks for this Geoffrey - my sandbox list was empty in prefs. But the answer below mentioned removing the .jazz file from c:\ and that has worked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.