It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

add a new lieral to enumeration list programmatically

Roger Layani (5313238) | asked Nov 24 '13, 9:23 a.m.

Hi

the "found in" field list can not be restricted dependently to another field (ex product)

this make it very difficult to use it in context of multiple builds/releases among multiple products

The idea should be to replace it by a new custom field of type enumeration dependent on field product

I would like to add new values to this field programmatically ( parallel associate build to release) to permit users to report on delivered build when it was published ( add new value to list)

Has someone did this using Java API ?

example should be welcome

Thx

Roger

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 24 '13, 11:43 a.m. | edited Nov 24 '13, 11:45 a.m.

adding via API is not really supported. some have hacked, but there is no guaranty it will continue to work the same as u are editing the project area XML directly.

I was experimenting with a new workitem type, deliverable, and using a new attribute for 'found in' called Workitem List.   and using a http filtered valueset for the set of items. ('was' until my team and me were laid off in June).  Deliverable needs to be a 1st class artifact for continuous delivery to work.. and also delivery to customer support channels. (which we needed to do as well).
the 'filtered' list could remove the  (no longer supported) archived artifacts (or pre-release builds once there was a release).

so the build could create a workitem representing the artifact (we would have to hack the 'create release' link on the build record) and its class (personal, integration, test, release, product, fix,  whatever).. and additional attributes.. as well as approvals, etc from QA, or whoever.

the release table in the project area config is really incomplete in this regard.

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Nov 25 '13, 10:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Roger,
Sam is correct.
However, you may want to experiment Ralph's solution - http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/manipulationg-work-item-enumeration-values/

Hope it helps,
Eric.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Nov 25 '13, 11:04 a.m.

Note that Ralph's blog shows GETTING an existing enum value.. not CREATING a new one via programming (vs the admin UI), which was the question asked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.