It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM DOORS OSLC Interface - Open link in a defined client

Georg Kellner (840378108) | asked Nov 22 '13, 3:49 a.m.
edited Nov 24 '13, 1:01 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
Hi fellows,

we have set up the OSLC interface between the both tools.
RQM 4.0.2, DOORS 9.5.1.2

If I click on a requirement, the link is opened in the same window/tab, so I loose the RQM view.
On the next page I have to decide, which client should be used for viewing the requirement.

What we want:
- opening the requirement/question regarding the client in a new window/tab
- define one client for all users
Is this possible or do I have to raise RFEs?

greetings georg.

2 answers

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Nov 22 '13, 11:32 a.m.
 Georg,

Take a look at this technote 1588821 About DOORS redirector service  where it has links to the instructions: 
"The redirector service is an optional service and is installed with the DWA server.  It shares a web server and port with DWA, but is configured separately. 

If the redirector service is not configured, DOORS URLs are opened in a standard client. 

If you want to be able to use DOORS URLs in the same way as the DOORS GUI client configure the redirector service, and DOORS URLs. 

You can then specify whether to open DOORS URLs in a standard client or in the web client. "

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Nov 22 '13, 11:22 a.m.
 Hi Georg,

In the User Icon drop-down there is "My Preferences for Quality Management > Page Tabs Layout".  Try unchecking "Do not use tabs in the page layout".  

When you get prompted for the client in DOORS (the doors/redirector URL), there should be a check box labeled "Remember my selection".  That way you can select the client you want.  If you want to set it for all users, there are instructions in the DOORS InfoCenter on how to configure the redirector to only use a particular client which will set it for all users.  

Toni

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.