It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Process Sharing not working for Calculated Value

Brad Veitch (11078) | asked Nov 21 '13, 8:07 a.m.
 Hi

I have an RTC project that is using the processes from a parent project for work items.  Everything works except for 1 field that is a calculated value on the Risk work item.

The child project has the following 
Project Area - Overview tab - Process Sharing section points to the "parent" project area
Process Configuration tab - Project Configuration - Configuration Data - Work Items , except for Types & Attributes, and E-mail Templates,  all of the items under Work Items are defined as "This configuration data comes from the process defined in another project area "parent" 
I've tried Types & Attributes with the checkbox for Final (ignore customization of this data in child project areas) both checked and unchecked in the child project.

In the parent project Types & Attributes  checkbox for Final (ignore customization of this data in child project areas) is checked.

I've made sure the Links tab Attachments section has the associated script attached.

The script returns a value based on the values selected in 2 other enumerations so the script uses the enumeration literal.
e.g probability.literal.l101 and risk.impact.literal.l20 return "Low" and works in parent project.

The environment is V4.0.0.1

Any suggestions for how I get this 1 field to calculate in the child project?

2 answers

permanent link
Brad Veitch (11078) | answered Nov 29 '13, 2:07 a.m.
This was a known issue in 4.0.0.1 version of RTC.
Please refer to the below link.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM78579

This issue has been fixed in 4.0.1 and an upgrade to 4.0.1 or later should fix the issue.

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Nov 21 '13, 11:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Brad,
may you please verify if the 2 enums in the parent PA are defined in the PA source,
or if one / two of them as DB stored enums?

DB stored enums are not "visible" in child / inheriting PAs.

You also want to add some console.log() to the javascript, so as to determine if it's call at all when working in the child PA.

Thanks,
Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.