It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attempting to Import Implements Requirement Link

Robert Heinemeyer (33910) | asked Nov 20 '13, 9:53 a.m.
edited Nov 22 '13, 4:10 p.m. by Douglas Bush (28125)
I have work items I am moving from on project to another via export/import.  I was able to successfully import everything into the new project except the implements requirement links.   I exported the implements requirement link (RRC items) from the first project, which I matched up with the Ids from the second project.  But when I import them, the links don't show up.  I'm using CSV files.  I know the field name is correct for Implements Requirement, because it was generated by the export.   Any ideas?

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Nov 21 '13, 6:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is a restriction of the CSV import.  Per the InfoCenter topic on CSV Import:

Restrictions:
  • You cannot use a CSV file to import links to and from other artifacts.
  • You can import only text-based artifacts from a CSV file. You cannot import graphical artifacts, such as sketches, storyboards, and diagrams.
There is an existing enhancement for this feature to be considered in a future release:

Provide the ability to import artifact links through the CSV import wizard (68543)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.